| || |
Comet Hale-Bopp: Local Activities
MPI/ESO 2.2-m + EFOSC II (May 14, 1996)
This page contains information about observations of the unusual Comet 1995 O1 (Hale-Bopp) from sites around Munich and other local news in this connection.
- NEW Wide-field image by Eckhard Slawik (May 4, 1997; JPEG; 32k). Obtained from Roche de los Muchachos Observatory on La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain (approx. 21 o x 21 o ). Also available in higher-resolution version; JPEG; 528k)
- `Goodbye' image by Peter Stättmayer [GIF; 12k]. Exposed 20 sec on May 5, 1997, at approx. 22 CEST from a place near the Ammersee (Ammer Lake) with a 1.4/50mm objective. Also available as full size version [JPEG; 240k).
- Wide-field image by Eckhard Slawik (April 7, 1997; JPEG; 216k). (approx. 55 o x 55 o ). Also available in high-resolution version; JPEG; 4.3M)
- Image by Andreas Rodoschegg (March 31, 1997) [GIF; 73k]. Also available as smaller version [GIF; 32k].
- Image by Peter Stättmayer (March 31, 1997) [GIF; 93k]. (about 21h CEST; Kodak Pro Gold 400; 1:1.4/50; 20 seconds) Also available as smaller version [GIF; 37k].
- More images by Peter Stättmayer (March 12, 1997).
- Images by Peter Stättmayer (March 12, 1997).
- Wide-field images by Eckhard Slawik (March 10, 1997).
- Image by Andreas Rodoschegg (March 10, 1997) [JPG; 38k]. (8 min on Fuji SG 800 at 3:30 UT) Also available as high-resolution version [JPG; 136k].
- Images by Peter Stättmayer (March 10, 1997).
- Spectrum [GIF; 25k] by Bob Fosbury (ST/ECF; Garching). An objective grating (2000 line/inch) image taken on the morning of 11 March 1997 near Munich. Note that the bright line at the bottom-right is the zero-order and that the second order is just seen at the top-left.
- Image by Peter Stättmayer (March 2, 1997) [JPG 200k]. (5 min on Kodak Pro Gold 400) Also available as high-resolution version [JPG; 2.5Mb].
- Image [JPEG; 88k] by Bob Fosbury (ST/ECF; Garching). Taken at 4:25 on the morning of 10 March 1997 near Munich, 180mm f/4 lens with 3000ASA polaroid film, 40 sec exposure).
- Images by Peter Stättmayer (February 10 and 23, 1997).
- Image by Josef Anzer (February 10, 1997).
Back to ESO Hale-Bopp Homepage
- NEW Hale-Bopp an der Bayerischen Volkssternwarte (München).
- Special Hale-Bopp show at the Munich Planetarium.
- Tag der Offenen Tür Universitätssternwarte München (Sonntag 16. März 1997).
- Site of Nuernberger Hobby-Astronomen Bund with co-added long exposure (250 frames with shift and add processing) showing one jet structure coming out of the nucleus.