Comet Hyakutake: Local Information
Dust Jets (ESO NTT Image)
This page contains information about observations of Comet Hyakutake in Bavaria and other local news about this event.
ESO and the Munich Planetarium/Forum der Technik (Munich) has entered into a collaboration in order to provide a comprehensive information service to the media and the public in the course of Comet Hyakutake's approach to the Earth.
Aufgrund des grossen Publikumsinteresses hat sich die Geschaeftsfuehrung entschlossen, die Hyakutake-Show zu verlaengern: diese Woche wie gehabt Mo, Mi, Do 18.30h, in der Woche nach Ostern am Mi und Do 18.30h (10.4., 11.4.) at the Munich Planetarium.
- ESO Video News Reel (for broadcasters) available on March 15.
- Bayerische Volkssternwarte Muenchen e.V. plans special sessions. Try also the special Hyakutake Homepage (German).
- Colour Images of Comet Hyakutake (March 28) by Juergen Wirth.
- IOTA/ES Image of Comet Hyakutake (March 27).
- Hyakutake Jets and Shells from Wendelstein. Amazing Images from the Observatory of the Munich University (March 25).
- Hyakutake's head on March 25 by Peter Staettmayer (March 25).
- Drawings and colour photo of Comet Hyakutake by Andreas Rodoschegg (March 24).
- Comments by a Bavarian observer by Bernhard Deufel (March 25; in German).
- A colour photo of Comet Hyakutake from Bavaria by Peter Staettmayer (March 22).
- Newest photos of Comet Hyakutake from Bavaria by Peter Staettmayer (March 21).
- First image of Comet Hyakutake from Bavaria by Peter Staettmayer (March 14).
- Read the report by Th. Kraupe about his observations in the Munich area (March 14).