SL-9 and Jupiter: Texts
This page contains published texts which are related to the impact of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 on Jupiter.
- European SL-9/Jupiter Workshop , February 13-15, 1995, Texts from Proceedings volume.
- Update on SL-9/Jupiter Collision , 13 pp. An overview of some of the most important, recent developments relating to data interpretation (R. West, 19 Dec. 1994).
- Status report as of end September 1994. This article introduces a range of articles on the comet, in the ESO Messenger, September 1994 issue (R. West).
Daily Bulletins During Impact Period
- Comet/Jupiter Impact Times (20 July 1994)
- Comet/Jupiter Collision FAQ (12 July 1994)
- SL-9 Fragment Relative Brightnesses (12 July 1994)
- Comet/Jupiter Distances (11 July 1994)
- The ESO SL-9/Jupiter Information Package, July 5 1994 A 36-page text version. Photos: July 1 composite of 2 Danish 1.5m CCD images of SL 9; La Silla; TIMMI; Munich Fast Photometer; ST-ECF and all photo captions.
- ESO Press Release eso9410, 20 May 1994 ESO's media-related plans.
- ESO Press Release eso9402, 27 January 1994 The big comet crash of 1994. Intensive observational campaign at ESO.
- SL9-Jupiter Event: Observing Campaign at La Silla