Cover of The Messenger No. 147
Cover of The Messenger 147. Read more on ann12024. Highlights include:
- A report on progress of the Multi Unit Spectroscopic Explorer (MUSE), a second generation panoramic integral field spectrograph for the Very Large Telescope (VLT).
- The Atacama Pathfinder EXperiment Sunyaev-Zel’dovich Instrument (APEX-SZ), four years observing galaxy clusters.
- Testing the feasibility of the near-infrared surface brightness method to measure distances to Cepheid stars.
- The story behind the search of intermediate-mass black holes in Globular Clusters and their connection with supermassive black holes in early galaxy formation.
- The description of the GAIA-ESO Public Spectroscopic Survey, a large library of high quality spectroscopy of some 100 000 Milky Way stars.
About the Image
|Release date:||28 March 2012, 17:00|
|Size:||1061 x 1500 px|
About the Object
|Name:||European Southern Observatory, Product, Publication|
|Type:||• Unspecified : People : Other/General|
• X - People and Events
• X - Illustrations
• X - Events