Catch a Star!
... and discover all its secrets!
- Must the report be submitted in English?
- How do I submit my report?
- Must there be a teacher on the team?
- Do all the members in a team have to belong to the same school?
- I'm not quite 15 years old yet - is it still possible to take part in Category 1?
Question 1: Must the report be submitted in English?
For Category 1 , yes, the report must be submitted in English so that everybody can read it when it is displayed on the web. However, if you want to, or for Category 2 , you may also send in your report in your mother tongue and it will then be put on the web in both languages.
Question 2: How do I submit my report?
- Place all your files (texts, images) in one directory. The directory should only contain files that belong to your report.
- Make sure that the HTML-syntax is in order and that all links work correctly. Links from the main HTML-file to your images and other files should be relative (e.g. "image1.jpg" ). Links to external URLs should be absolute (e.g. "http://www.eso.org/" ). This is important - otherwise your report may not be displayed correctly at the Catch a Star! website and the links may not work. [Note that no reports will be displayed before the prizes have been given.]
- Create a ZIP archive of the directory. Please give the ZIP file a name that identifies the report.
- Submit the ZIP file using the web form on the Catch a Star site. Be sure to keep to the deadline!
All reports will be printed and read by the jury. You must therefore make sure that they print well and are readable.
Question 3: Must there be a teacher on the team?
No, students who otherwise fulfil the conditions for participation in "Catch a Star!" may form a team without a teacher, but one of them should then be indicated as the "leader of the team". If you do this, the maximum number of students in the team is still three.
Question 4: Do all the members in a team have to belong to the same school?
No, the team members, including the teacher, can come from different schools.
I'm not quite 15 years old yet - is it still possible to take part in Category 1?
Yes, if you are keen to take part in Category 1, but will not be quite 15 years old yet, you may. However, please note that if you win one of the travel prizes, you will need to be 15 years old before taking part in any trip.
Any other questions?
Don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any other questions to which you can find no answer in these pages. The organisers will do their best to help, but it may take a little time before you receive a response.