jump to navigation
jump to content
Terms and Conditions:
- The decisions of the jury, results of the lottery, and of the artwork competition, for all parts of Catch a Star, are final and cannot be subject to any kind of legal proceedings.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they have any necessary permissions to use photographs, images, or other material, in their competition entries.
- Entries which are winners of other international or national-level competitions are not eligible for prizes in Catch a Star, and you must inform us if this is the case. You must also inform us if your work is entered into any international, national, or other competition.
- By entering the Catch a Star Researchers, Adventurers, or Artists competition you give permission that your entry, including all text, photographs, images, and other material, may be made available for public access and download on the ESO website, and used for educational or non-commercial purposes, provided that ESO and the Catch a Star programme are acknowledged.
- By entering the Catch a Star Researchers or Adventurers competition you agree that your names (first names and last names), the name of your school, your country, and the title of your project may be listed on the ESO website and in other information material about the Catch a Star competition.
- By entering the Catch a Star Artists competition, you agree that your first names, your country, and the title of your entry may be listed on the ESO website and in other information material about the Catch a Star competition.
- Material entered for Catch a Star will not be returned to the participants.
- Members of the families of ESO staff and of the jury may not take part in the Catch a Star Researchers competition.
- Travel prizes are only available to teams from Europe and Chile, whose participants must be at least 15 years of age on 29 February 2008.
- The prizes offered may be subject to change, for reasons including, but not limited to: availability of prize items, organisational requirements for the travel prizes, and operational restrictions at observatories.
- Prizes may not be converted into a cash alternative.
- Winners of travel prizes must produce the following documents before the travel arrangements can be made.
- A signed statement that the participant is in good health and fit to travel to the foreseen destination, which include high-altitude sites.
- If the participant is under 18 years of age, a written permission by parents/legal guardians that the participant is allowed to travel to the foreseen destination.
- All pertinent travel details (passport number, health insurance no., etc.). Please note that in case the travel involves the granting of a visa, the application is the personal responsibility of each participant. While ESO will endeavour to provide advice and assistance, it cannot be held responsible if the visa application is rejected by the responsible authorities.