ESOshop: Messenger Issue 145
The Messenger is a quarterly journal presenting ESO's activities to the public. The highlights of this edition published in September 2011 include:
- How the TRAPPIST telescope has been helping the hunt for exoplanets.
- Plans for a new massive-multiplexed spectrograph for ESO.
- Learning some of the secrets of the outer Solar System, with a look into the tenuous atmospheres of Pluto and Triton.
- A study of Asymptotic Giant Branch stars using the Very Large Telescope Interferometer, which could also tell us about the future of our own Sun.
- A glimpse into the early universe with SINFONI surveys studying the growth of massive, distant galaxies.
Note: The digital resources (images, videos, PDFs, etc.) for this product can be downloaded in the archive