ann11085-en-us — Announcement
ESO Releases The Messenger No. 146
21 December 2011
The newest edition of ESO’s quarterly journal, The Messenger, is now available online. Find out the latest from ESO, with topics ranging from new instruments to the latest discoveries. Highlights include:
- The dramatic story behind the new VLT Survey Telescope (VST) on Paranal, and its 300-megapixel wide-field optical camera, OmegaCAM.
- The milestone of four-telescope interferometry with PIONIER for the Very Large Telescope Interferometer.
- The spectra of extremely metal-poor stars, and the discovery of an extremely primitive star with X-shooter.
- Probing the epoch of reionisation by studying the Ly-alpha luminosity function at high redshift.
Download The Messenger in PDF format or visit The Messenger website to subscribe and receive a free printed copy.
- The Messenger No. 146 (December 2011)
About the Announcement