Next: Create a new table
Up: Table Interfaces
Previous: Table Interfaces
In order to create a new table four steps have to be carried out:
- The table has to be initialized
(i.e. allocated) as a disk file;
- Each table column has to be defined by specifying its type,
format, unit and associated label;
- The data can then be written into the corresponding columns and rows;
- The table has to be closed.
As for the creation of a new table, access to an existing table also
involves four steps:
- The table has to be opened;
- The table column numbers corresponding to the given labels have to
- The data can be read or written;
- Finally, the table has to be closed.