Re: MIDAS under BSD

gumpp wrote:

> Dear MIDAS users,
>
> does anyone of you run ESO-MIDAS under BSD or knows if this is possible ?
> I'm using OpenBSD and would like to have MIDAS there as well as on the Linux Workstations where it performes very well.
>
> regards and
> aTdHvAaNnKcSe
>
> Hermann
>
>  \|/ ____ \|/  |       Hermann  Gumpp       |  PGP key fingerprint:
>  "@'/ ,. \'@"  |    mailto:gumpp@bnro.de    | 0B 26 E0 57 41 67 1C 3B
>  /_| \__/ |_\  | http://www.bnro.de/~gumpp/ | 45 98 78 AC 37 F0 38 46
>     \__U_/     | http://www.kernelpanic.de/ | 1024Bits/KeyID E58A8DAD

I've never tried on a BSD machine, but this does not means it
may not work. MIDAS is based in POSIX standards and BSD may well
fulfill this requirement. Just give it a try. You only need the
MIDAS sources package and the installation instructions.
I would try first with the GNU C-compiler and the F77 fortran-to-C
converter as Fortran compiler.

Good luck,
and let me know.
Carlos