Version 3.0.4 Public Release (05 Sep 2023)
- Included a few additional raw calibrations in nirps_extra_raw_calibs.tar.gz
required to reduce NIRPS data with ESOReflex. Please read the NIRPS ESOReflex tutorial throubleshooting section point 3.
- Users reducing data with ESOReflex need to include some extra static calibrations in the directory pointed by CALIB_DATA_DIR. Please read the NIRPS ESOReflex tutorial throubleshooting section point 4.
- Added NIRPS hot/bad pixels to be used with 2023 data.
- Updated CCF masks to improve results.
- Mantained the same pipeline code implementation as release of 03 Feb 2023.
- Data reduction is demanding in terms of system resources. The user should have at least 16 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of free disk space. Better is to have 32 GB of RAM and 4 TB of free disk space. Please note that only the demo requires 30 GB of free space to be installed and generates additional 10 GB of products. This sets also minimum root directory space requirements for RPM installation.
- Data reduction is slow, and may take 45 min. As some recipes parallelise code using OpenMP, data reduction is faster on multi-core systems.
- Because of their large size, static calibrations WAVE and DLL matrices (STATIC_DLL_MATRIX_FIB, STATIC_WAVE_MATRIX_FIB, FIB=A or B) and static ORDERS_MASK, BAD_PIXEL_MASK, HOT_PIXEL_MASK and MASTER_DARK frames are no longer distributed with the instrument pipeline package. They are available in the NIRPS demo data set (available here or via the esoreflex workflow installation process) and here).
- Additional information can be found in Section 5 of the pipeline user manual and in Section 8 of the reflex tutorial.