I do my functional work at the Data and products department (Data managment and operation division).
I am involved in the FORS2 Accurate Photometry (FAP) project, aimed to ensure a photometric calibration at a 3% level
in FORS2 (P.I. Wolfram Freudling).
Main main tasks include:
- Identification of the best standard star fields to observe
- Definition of an observational strategy (how many fields to observe, at which airmass...)
- Testing and optimization of the FORS2 pipeline
- Derivation and analysis of photometric zeropoints and extinction terms (per frame).
- Rotation pattern
- Standard stars fields
- FORS2 calibration plan: action list