IF-MOS trade-off study
A study being carried out under the auspices of the ESA NGST Study Science Team
This is a working page for the SST subgroup charged with the task of assessing the trade-off between the Integral Field and Multi-Object options for the NGST 1-5 micron spectrograph.
The study is divided into the following sections:
A parallel study is being carried out in the US under the chairmanship of John Huchra. A summary and an overview are available from STScI (email Knox Long).
Useful working links
- ApJ, 1998, 503, L19-L22 - DEEP H-BAND GALAXY COUNTS AND HALF-LIGHT RADII FROM HUBBLE SPACE TELESCOPE/NICMOS PARALLEL OBSERVATIONS. Lin Yan, Patrick J. McCarthy, Lisa J. Storrie-Lombardi, and Ray J. Weymann (pdf)
- 1999. AJ, 117, 17-39.
Near-Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrometer Observations of the Hubble Deep Field: Observations, Data Reduction, and Galaxy Photometry. THOMPSON, RODGER I.; STORRIE-LOMBARDI, LISA J.; WEYMANN, RAY J.; RIEKE, MARCIA J.; SCHNEIDER, GLENN; STOBIE, ELIZABETH; LYTLE, DYER
- 1998, ApJ. 505, 50-73. Near-Infrared Galaxy Counts to J and K ~ 24 as a Function of Image Size. BERSHADY, MATTHEW A.; LOWENTHAL, JAMES D.; KOO, DAVID C.
- Design Reference mission (DRM) homepage
- DRM - updated version from Eric Smith, 28 July 1999 Excel spreadsheet
- NIRSPEC extract of DRM (Knox Long, 13 July 1999)pdf
- HDF-S source catalogues - at STScI web
- Jon Gardner's work on the HDF-S
- NGST exposure time calculator - new version (NMS) from 11 Jun 1999
- Issues for discussion - ST-ECF, 6 July 1999