SED model library of AGNs
Spectral energy distributions (SED) for AGN are made public available
using self-consistent 2-phase AGN torus models. We assume that dust
near active galactic nuclei (AGN) is distributed in a torus-like
geometry, which may be described by a clumpy medium or a homogeneous
disk or as a combination of the two. A schematic view of the AGN torus
geometry is presented below. The dust particles considered are fluffy
and have higher submillimeter emissivities than grains in the diffuse
ISM. The dust–photon interaction is treated in a fully self-consistent
three dimensional radiative transfer code. For detailed description
see: Siebenmorgen R., Heymann F., and Efstathiou
A., 2015, AA submitted
A complete set of 3600 SEDs can be downloaded as zip
file HERE . SEDs are computed for AGNs
at a distance of 50 Mpc. Data are listed in two columns in plain ASCII
files. The first column is the wavelengths in microns, the second
column is the flux in Jy.
We consider five basic model paramters:
- the viewing angle: th = 1 ,.., 9
- the inner radius of the dusty torus: R = 300, 514, 772, 1000, 1545 (x1e15 cm)
- the cloud volume filling factor: Vc = 1.5, 7.7, 38.5, 77.7 (%)
- the optical depth (in V) of the clouds: Ac = 0, 4.5, 13.5, 45.0
- the optical depth (in V) of the disk midplane: Ad = 0, 30, 100,
SED of an AGN computed with diffuse ISM dust and fluffy grains
- Original article on our dust model for the diffuse ISM and fluffy grains
Siebenmorgen and Krügel 2014, AA 259, 614 ,
Siebenmorgen, Krügel, Mathis,
1992, AA 266, 501 ,
- the 3D Monte Carlo radiative transfer code:
Krügel and Siebenmorgen, 1994, AA 282, 407.
- PAH destruction:
Siebenmorgen et al. 2001, AA 377, 735 .
- A SED library of starburst models is described by Siebenmorgen and
Krügel, 2007, AA 462, 445 and is avaialbe here
- A textbook description of the dust model and the radiative
transfer is given in chapter 12 and 13 in "The physics of interstellar dust"
Krügel (2003) .