EU ARC CASA Support
Local copy of the CASA software distribution
In case you have problems accessing the CASA repository at NRAO, the releases and the "monthly" and "stable" builds are available at this page:
There are several CASA support channels:
In addition, the EU ARC and its nodes are offering CASA tutorials and face-to-face support.
Upcoming CASA Tutorials
- For tutorials at the EU ARC Nodes, please consult their local web pages.
Past CASA Tutorials (since the start of Cycle 0)
Miscellaneous CASA-related products of the EU ARC
- How to handle ephemeris objects in CASA 4.2.1 and 4.2.2
- casa-wrapper.tar: A wrapper around casapy to enable multiple non-interfering casa sessions for one user on the same machine. (updated to also work on RHEL 6)
- How to adjust weights in mixed-mode imaging with CASA 4.1.0, 4.2.0, and 4.2.1 (starting with 4.2.2 it is no longer necessary): Mixed-mode weight adjustment how-to
- task overplotsolution: it allows to superimpose calibration curves and real calibrators data. Availble at the link: http://amignano.users.alma.inaf.it/task_overplot/
- Report on formal testing of CASA imaging at ESO 2011-2012 (pdf with active html links)
- Paper to reference for CASA: Petry, D. et al., 2012, "Analysing ALMA Data with CASA", in Proc. ADASS XXI, P. Ballester & D. Egret (eds.), ASP Conference Series vol. 461, p. 849
- Description of benchmark tests of ALMA data analysis with CASA on several platforms incl. a workstation with solid state disk
- CASA benchmark data and scripts based on the TW Hya ALMA Band 7 CASA guide
- gensynthcube.py (1) - a casapy script to generate input images for simulations based on generic geometrical shapes (run execfile('gensynthcube.py') to activate)
- gensynthcube-test.py (1) - test and demo script for gensynthcube.py
- synth.txt: Set of commands by A. Richards to take an observed, calibrated measurement set and inject some models to test whether they are recoverable by imaging. Uses gensynthcube.py .
(1) To access these links you will need to type username "anonymous" and an empty password.