E-ELT SCIENCE LINKS
Below is a list of links related to ELT science.
Science cases of other ELTs
- Science case of the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT).
- Science case of the Giant Magellan Telescope (GMT).
- Science case of the Giant Segmented Mirror Telescope (GSMT).
- Science case of the Japan Extremely Large Telescope (JELT).
- Science case of the Large Aperture Mirror Array (LAMA).
- No science case is currently available for the Chinese Future Giant Telescope (CFGT).
- There exist two different sites describing the science case for the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST): JWST science @ STScI and JWST science @ NASA.
- The Atacama Large Millimeter Array Array (ALMA) also has two science sites: ALMA science @ ESO and ALMA science @ NRAO.
- The science case of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) can be accessed from this page (follow the SKA science link). See also the Canadian SKA Science site.
- OPTICON is an Integrated Infrastructure Initiative funded by the European Commission as part of its Sixth Framework Programme (FP6). OPTICON brings together providers and users of European optical-infrared astronomical infrastructures to identify common approaches and improve access for the benefit of the whole community.
- The FP6 ELT Design Study is conducted jointly by European research institutes and industry, and it is sponsored by the European Commission. Although it was initiated as a technological development programme for a generic ELT, the Design Study is now fully focused on the needs of the E-ELT.
- The FP7 E-ELT Preparation Programme complements the final design phase of the E-ELT in several ways, including the implementation of a detailed scientific Design Reference Mission. It is funded by the European Commission and conducted by ESO and 25 research institutes in its member states.
Project Science Team
Phase B (2006 – 2011)