International Max-Planck Research School on Astrophysics - IMPRS

  Dear Colleagues,

  I would like to bring to your attention the opening of the
  International Max-Planck Research School on Astrophysics
  at the University of Munich. The IMPRS on Astrophysics is
  a Graduate School which offers a PhD program in Astrophysics
  and Cosmology. The School offers a unique environment due
  to the presence of four internationally renowned institutes
  which form the school:

   * The Max-Planck Institute for extraterrestrial Physics (MPE)
   * The Observatory of the University of Munich (LMU/USM)
   * The Max-Planck Institute for Astrophysics (MPA)
   * The European Southern Observatory (ESO)

  Astro-particle physics groups at the Technical University of
  Munich and the Werner-Heisenberg Institute for Physics are
  participating as associated partners as well.

  Open for students from all countries world wide, the IMPRS
  on Astrophysics intends to attract highly-qualified and
  motivated young scientists which aim for a graduate degree
  and want to make use of the outstanding research facilities
  at the participating institutes.

  The first academic year starts on September 1, 2001. The
  review of applications starts on April 1, 2001 but applications
  can be submitted and will be considered continuously after that
  date. All successful applicants are supported by a PhD fellowship
  if required. For more information please visit our web-site at

     http://www.imprs-astro.mpg.de

  On this site there is a small poster available on the IMPRS which
  we would ask you to print and to display for your students. The
  image is available through

     http://www.imprs-astro.mpg.de/images/Poster_2000.jpg

  Thanks for your support.

  Dr.Werner Becker