Re: Conversion of *.tbl files to *.mt

Dear colleagues,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:33:56PM +0100, Luisa_Maria_Lara_Lopez wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to convert a table catalogue with 557 entries into FITS format.
>
> Midas 01FEBpl1.1 is   installed under Sun/Solaris and this is the kind of problem I
> get.
> (I did not have this problem with the 98NOVpl2.2 version under the same system, or at
> least
> I don't remember to have had it)
>
> Mid00 013> crea/tcat tables
> Table catalog tables with 557 entries created..
> Mid00 014> outdis/fits tables.cat NAME=INPUT ? .mt
> OPEN/FILE tables.cat read fin
> Open file overflow... Max. 10 ASCII files can be opened at one time.
>
> Could anyone help me to solve this problem??

I have a similar problem with the same command on Linux (SuSE-7.0, Midas
version 01FEB). It works in 98NOV.

The error in my case is:

CREATE/TCAT all *tbl
Table catalog all with 7 entries created...
outdis/fits all.cat NAME=INPUT ? .mt
Warning: Cannot open or find type of file >=Table<
Error: cannot close FITS file correctly

In my case, I could solve the problem by editing the catalogue and removing
the first line (the header line =Table catalog, IDENT)

You could try if this works for you, but this is just a guess. The command
OUTDISK/FITS certainly has a bug.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Luisa.

Kind regards,