Re: pc upgrading and midas

Woo Boon Kuan wrote:

> Hi
>     I am currently using midas98novpl1.4 on Red Hat Linux 6.0
> platform.My motherboard is GA-6ZXc Intel 440ZX AGPset. I am using a 4 MB
> display memory (ATI 3D pro turbo) and has only 64 MB of SRAM.
>     I am thinking of upgrading my home pc to 256 MB of SRAM and 32 MB
> for my display memory. Would there be a lots of  hassle involve? Anyone
> have good suggestions on which brand of display card I should be
> getting? Would the Red Hat Linux 6.0 and my midas version be affected by
> this display memory increment?Advice, anyone?Thank you.
>
> rgds
> woOBK

No, I do not think your midas version will be affected by upgrading
the pc or display memory, all the contrary it may works even
faster. The only thing you should take into account is to maintain
the same bitdepth configuration for your Xserver (8 or 32bit).

Regards
Carlos

Here I do post again previous emails regardings this problem: