Re: Midas Problem under Linux?

Werner Becker wrote:

> > Dear Midas Users,
> >
> > In our anonymous ftp account you may find the latest MIDAS release
> > 98NOVpl1.4 available in source and binary copies for Linux RedHat 5.1
> > Solaris 2.5.5 and HP 10.20
> >

> Carlos,
>
>  RedHat 5.1 uses the GNU libc (glibc) whereas most of the other
>  Linux distributions still use libc. Will that require that the
>  binaries work only on RedHat 5.1 and that for non RedHat 5.1
>  systems one better should compile the source code by them selfe ?
>
>  -- Werner

Dear Werner,

As far as I can see in our RedHat 5.1 and with the command 'ldd'
Midas executables are using /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40189000). I don't know
if the 'libc' used in other Linux distributions is different or
incompatible to this one from RedHat.

Has anybody tried 98NOV in other Linux distribution than RedHat 5.1?

Carlos