Teaching - Research Group
Excellent students from different parts of the world with whom
I have the pleasure to work
on different research projects on galaxy and AGN Evolution.
Upper row: Bruno Rodriguez (Internship student at ESO/ PUCP, Perú),
Laura Martinez (Internship student at ESO/ PhD student at PUC Chile/ UIS Colombia).
Lower row: Stephen Molyneux (PhD student at ESO/ Liverpool UK),
Katy Proctor (PhD student at UWA, Australia).
Tiny image on the lower-right corner: Yours truly
Supervision of students:
- 2020 - present : Primary Advisor of the PhD project of Stephen Molyneux (ESO/ Liverpool)
Topic: The impact of QSO feedback on the molecular ISM (co-supervised with Carlos de Breuk (ESO), Renske Smit (LJMU))
- 2020 - present : Primary Advisor of the ESO internship project of Bruno Rodriguez (ESO/ PUCP, Perú)
Topic: Tracing the imprint of AGN in statistical samples of quiescent galaxies.
- 2020 - present : Primary Advisor of the ESO internship of Laura Martinez Ramirez (ESO/ UIS, Colombia/ PUC, Chile)
Topic: Modelling the SEDs of AGN from the radio to the X-rays.
- 2021 : Primary Advisor of the ESO internship of Katy Proctor (UWA, Australia)
Topic: The ISM the first quasar (co-supervised by Roland Szakacs and Gergo Popping)
- 2018 : Primary Advisor of the Bachelor Thesis of Danker Roozemond (Leiden STRW).
Topic: The AGN contribution to sub-millimeter galaxies.
- 2017 : Primary Advisor of the Bachelor Thesis of Auke Bruinsman (Leiden STRW)
Topic: radio jets of a nearby AGN.
Astronomy Education - Teacher Training
- 2021: Astronomy Book - CosmoAmautas
Editor of Astronomy Education Book for the IAU/OAD CosmoAmautas project. (in Spanish, link to the Arxiv)
- 2021, 2022: Online Teaching material and delivery
Development and delivery of Astronomy Education Workshop for 120 school teachers in Peru, as PI of the IAU/OAD CosmoAmautas project.
University courses - Teaching assistant
- 2016 - 2017: Galaxies: Structure and Dynamics
Teaching Assistant of Rychard Bouwens' lecture on Galaxies at Leiden Observatory in the Fall 2016.
- 2013 - 2014: Physics Laboratory
Tutor of the Physics laboratory for Bachelor students at Heidelberg University. Topic: Electrodynamics.