This is the home page of the Quality Control and Data Processing
Group (QCG) within ESO's Data
Management and Operations Division (DMO). Find here information about the pipeline-processing
of data from the VLT and about their quality control.
|Trending & QC1
At ESO Headquarters in Garching, calibration data from all Paranal
instruments (VLT, VLTI, survey cameras) are processed, their quality is checked
and monitored. This is the task of the Quality
Control and Data
Processing Group ("QC Garching"). This
process is part of the back-end of the Data Flow System.
QC Garching has the following main tasks:
- monitor the calibration plan and report issues back to Paranal
- create master calibration data, control their quality and
- perform instrument trend analysis and feed back the results
to Paranal Observatory
- deliver master calibration data to the archive
- process pre-imaging data
- Since October 2011, QC Garching does not process anymore science
- The creation of PI packages has also been terminated. As before, PIs can access their data on the ESO
Information about health check parameters (daily refreshed, includes
most recent nights)
||calChecker: calibration completeness monitor (refreshed every half hour)
||reference frames archive,
for daytime astronomer's use
||download and plot QC1
|| UVES ECHELLE data,
point sources: quality-controlled, homogeneous processing of complete
data set 2000-now
Find here general
information about the VLT and VLTI pipelines.
related publications ...