BITPIX values

              Greetings and a happy new year to MIDAS users,

                   I am putting 16 bit FITS images into MIDAS, converting to
*.bdf, doing manipulations (CCDRED) and then OUTTAPEing the new frames to
FITS, (OUTTAPE/FITS filename  outfile  TYPE=B).

I need 16 bit frames, but MIDAS is outtputting my frames with 32 bits!

Can someone please tell me how to get MIDAS to output my FITS in 16 bits?

Having the data in 16 bits will save my bacon, please help if you can.

              Best regards to all,

              Paul Warhurst (Auckland, New Zealand)