The planetarium show "From Earth to the Universe"
From Earth to the Universe is the world’s first full-length fulldome planetarium movie freely available for planetarium use. It is released here in high-resolution 4k fulldome format, for the worldwide planetarium community to download and use.
This stunning, 30-minute voyage through time and space conveys, through an arresting combination of sights and sounds, the Universe revealed to us by science. Read more about the movie here. The show was produced for the ESO Supernova Planetarium and Visitor Centre, to be opened in 2017, and for the worldwide planetarium community as free highres 4k download. The digital distribution was made possible through a partnership with CDN77.
We encourage the community to produce their own translations and narrations. The script and split audio files are supplied to the right. We welcome receiving copies of the translated scripts and audio files to share with the community.
Due to the large file size please use a download manager. Note the download advice here.
The web page of the planetarium show is here.
The poster is available here.
Directed by: Theofanis Matsopoulos
3D Animations and Graphics: Theofanis Matsopoulos, Luis Calçada & Martin Kornmesser
Producer: Theofanis Matsopoulos & European Southern Observatory (ESO)
Planetarium Production: Theofanis Matsopoulos
Executive Producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen
Script and Scientific Advice: Nicolas Matsopoulos, Lars Lindberg Christensen & Anne Rhodes
Main Title Designer: Luis Calçada
Narration: Sara Mendes Da Costa
Audio Mix: Theofanis Matsopoulos
German Version by Planetarium Hamburg
- Thomas W. Kraupe (Translator/Director)
- Regina Lemnitz (Narrator)
- Recorded at Primetime Studio, Hamburg, 2015
- Eugenides Foundation Planetarium
Czech version was produced by Planetárium Ostrava in 2015
- Czech narration: Markéta Haroková, Lukáš Červenka.
- Translation and recording supervision: Adam Fišer
- Sound supervision and audio post processing: Petr Pokorný
- Consultants: Tomáš Gráf, Kamila Truparová-Plšková , Martin Vilášek, Ivana Marková
- Recorded at Český rozhlas Ostrava.
Russian version was produced by:
- Financial support - Center Valentina Tereshkova (Yaroslavl Planetarium), Yaroslavl, Russia
- Translation - Olga Khusainova, Irkutsk, Russia
- Science editors - Sergei Yazev, Irkutsk Planetarium, Irkutsk, Russia
- Narrator - Julia Gorbacheva, Bryansk, Russia
- Record producer and sound engineer - Andrey Shinkarev, Bryansk, Russia
- Production and project management - Andrey Lobanov, Llc. "Svensons Art Media", Moscow, Russia
- Production: Marc Horat, Verkehrshaus Planetarium, Lucerne
- Audioproduction: Thalmann Sychrontonstudio Lucerne
- Speaker: Christiane De Micheli
- Special thanks to: David Gruber & Luca Ciprari (Planetarium Südtirol/Alto Adige) and Anna Wolter
- French narration: Vincent Jean Victor
- Translation and recording supervision: Lionel Ruiz, Vincent Jean Victor
- Sound supervision and audio post processing: Lionel Ruiz
- Consultants: Richard Hamou, Kirstin Ruiz, Marie-France Duval, Agnès Acker, Florie Teste, Milène Wendling, Marc Horat, Thierry Botti, Olivier Hainaut
- Recorded at Planetarium de Nantes (Ville de Nantes)
- French version was produced by Association des Planétariums de Langue Française
- Emil Turcu
Spanish (Castilian) version:
- Production: Marcos Pérez. Museos Científicos Coruñeses
- Audioproduction: Xabier Olite (Son Natural Studio)
- Speaker: Juan Diéguez
- Translation: Álex Cueto, Estíbaliz Espinosa
- Translation: Kamen Kozarev, PhD
- Voiceover and audio editing order by the 'Friends of the Regional Natural History Museum - Plovdiv' Association.
- Produced by the 'DC TV Plovdiv' company for the Plovdiv Planetarium , part of the Regional Natural History Museum - Plovdiv (http://www.rnhm.org)
- Hungarian narration: Klári Varga
- Translation: András Szepesi, Borbála Kulin
- Consultants: György Zajácz, Mercédesz Vágó
- Recording: Balázs Gyarmati, Csokonai Színház Stúdió, Debrecen
- Editing and post production: András Szepesi
- Hungarian version was produced by Agóra Science Center, Debrecen
- Production: Cozmix planetarium - Volkssterrenwacht Beisbroek vzw (Brugge, Belgium)
- Translation: Ruben Derycke, Rinus Holvoet, Frank Tamsin
- Narrator: Matthijs Vandekinderen
- Sound engineer: Steve Bosmans – Madman Recordings
Korean Version by Kanagawa Koukadaigaku Atsugishi Kodomokagakukan (Atsugi City Children's Science Center, JAPAN):
- Translator/Narrator: Kyongjae Lee
- Engineer: Ayano Kubo
- Director: Ken Sugawara
Mandarin Version by Taihe Legend Film Co.,Ltd:
- Translator/Director: Meng Lyu, Claire Zhai, Bo Wang
- Narrator: Yao Li
- Recorded at Triopen Studio, Beijing, 2016
- Translation: Drahoslava Výbochová, Marian Vidovenec at Slovenská ústredná hvezdáreň Hurbanovo (www.suh.sk)
- Production: Nowatron Elektronik, spol. s r.o., The Czech Republic (www.nowatron.cz)
- Recorded at Štúdio DIMAS Bratislava 2016 (www.dimas.sk)
- Translation: Olsztyn Planetarium and Astronomical Observatory: Dr Bartosz Dąbrowski and Dr Krzysztof Rochowicz. The recording was realized in the studio of “Radio Zachód” commissioned by the Kepler Science Centre – Venus Planetarium in Zielona Góra.
- Reads: Izabela Kwiatkowska
Swedish version by Lund University Planetarium, 2016:
- Translated by: Karl Wahlberg Jansson and Anna S. Árnadóttir
- Recording/Directing/Editing: Anna S. Árnadóttir
- Narrator: Rigmor Grönwall
Format: 4k master frames, 30 fps
Audio: 5.1 surround + Stereo in English, German, Greek and in many other languages (see right)Credit:
About the Video
|Release date:||9 June 2015, 14:00|
|Duration:||31 m 46 s|
About the Object