Dark Matter and MOND
Monday 27 April 2020: 15:30 CEST
Speakers (click on the names to see the slides)
Dark Matter: Azadeh Fattahi (Durham, UK)
MOND: Federico Lelli (Cardiff, UK)
Chair: Steffen Mieske (ESO)
The video of this Duologue is available on this youtube page.
Please in this brochure here the answers to all questions asked during the event.
Here is a small subset of the available literature to familliarise yourself with the subject:
- A didactic article by Moti Milgrom for Scholarpedia.
- A "classic" but relevant MOND review by Sanders & McGaugh (2002).
- A recent MOND review by Famaey & McGaugh (2011).
- A short review by McGaugh (2015) focused on cosmological aspects of MOND.
Historical and philosophical articles:
- Sanders (2014) "A historical perspective on Modified Newtonian Dynamics"
- Merritt (2017) "Cosmology and Convention"
- Milgrom (2020) "MOND vs dark matter in light of historical parallels"
And two additional papers by Pavel Kroupa:
- Review by Carlos S. Frenk and Simon White (2012).
- Review by P.J.E Peebles (2012).
- Review by J. Bullock and M. Boylan-Kolchin (2017).
Some brief reviews by: