NIRPS - Near Infra-Red Planet Searcher
NIRPS, the Near Infra-Red Planet Searcher at the ESO La Silla 3.6m telescope is dedicated to the discovery and characterization of extrasolar planets. Like HARPS is a fibre-fed, high-resolution, cross-dispersed, echelle spectrograph. It can be used together with HARPS to acquire simultaneously spectra in the VIS and NIR. Read more....
Publications based on data obtained with the NIRPS instrument should quote the following reference papers: Bouchy, F., Doyon, R., ESO Messenger 169, 21B (2017) and: Wildi, F., Proc. SPIE 10400E 18W , (2017). After the analysis of the September 2022 commissioning data will be completed, we expect to publish within early 2023 a refereed paper that will be the new NIRPS reference paper with final performance figures.
- All questions related to observations and proposal preparation should be addressed to the La Silla Science Operations team, as well as your comments, suggestions and report of errors or inaccurate statements in the web pages and manuals.
Content of these pages
The following items are available on all the NIRPS pages, using the bar on the left.
- Overview: a description of the instrument.
- News: list of changes affecting the instrument and/or its pages, as well as the latest Science news.
- NIRPS manuals: links to all the documents related to NIRPS.
- Tools: a collection of useful tools and informations for preparing the NIRPS observations.
- Visitor Instructions.
- Instrument Operations Team.