SofI is the infrared spectrograph and imaging camera on the NTT. Its largest field of view is 4.92 arcmin, and it covers the 0.9-2.5 micron wavelength range with spectral resolution from 600 to 2200.
Publication reference: Moorwood, A., Cuby, J.G., Lidman, C. 1998, The Messenger 91, 9
- All questions related to observations and proposal preparation should be addressed to the La Silla Science Operations.
- Please send us your comments, suggestions and report errors and inaccurate statements in the web pages and manuals.
Content of these pages
The following items are available on all the SofI pages, using the bar on the left.
- Overview: a short description of the instrument; history of interventions for 1997-2005; publication metrics for 1999-2008
- News: list of changes affecting the instrument and/or its pages (LAST UPDATE 2019-08-27).
- Instrument Description: all the important parameters of the instrument.
- Manuals: links to all the documents related to SofI (incl. User Manual ver. 2.50 from 2019-08-21, Calibration plan, SofI FAQ).
- Tools: a collection of useful tools and informations for preparing and analyzing the SofI observations.
- Instrument Operations Team
- Visitor Instructions, instrument specific for SofI Users