This is the home page of the Quality Control and Data Processing
Group (QCG) within ESO's Data
Management and Operations Division (DMO). Find here information about the pipeline-processing
of data from the VLT and about their quality control.
|Trending & QC1
(until 2011-09 only)
At ESO Headquarters in Garching, calibration data from all Paranal
instruments (VLT, VLTI, survey cameras) are processed, their quality is checked
and monitored. This is the task of the Quality
Control and Data
Processing Group ("QC Garching"). This
process is part of the back-end of the Data Flow System.
QC Garching has the following main tasks:
- monitor the calibration plan and report issues back to Paranal
- create master calibration data, control their quality and
- perform instrument trend analysis and feed back the results
to Paranal Observatory
- deliver master calibration data to the archive
- process pre-imaging data
- create science-grade data products for selected instruments and instrument modes.
- PIs can access their raw data and all associated calibration data on the ESO
- After the proprietary period has expired, all archive users can access these data.
Information about health check parameters (daily refreshed, includes
most recent nights)
||calChecker: calibration completeness monitor (refreshed every half hour)
||reference frames archive,
for daytime astronomer's use
||download and plot QC1
Science-grade data products:
|| UVES ECHELLE data,
point sources: quality-controlled, homogeneous processing of complete
data stream 2000-now
||XSHOOTER SLIT data: quality-controlled, homogeneous processing of complete
data stream 2009-now
Find here general
information about the VLT and VLTI pipelines.
related publications ...