jump to navigation
jump to content
Create Mos Table
- wlsmosd machine is locate in office 21 in the NOB
- to switch ON the machine following the next procedure: 1- Turn ON the Monitor 2- Turn ON external HD (HARD DISC) 3- Turn ON the computer 4- Wait 5 minutes aprox
- Login on wlsmosd as user mosntt passwd *******
- Make a directory for your data:
mkdir <your name>
cd <your name>
- Get the target images via ftp to your directory
- Under same directory open the xmos panel:
- More details check the following link XM TOOLS XM TOOLS
- Select menu bar Options and set Slit length, Punch Tool and select No Distortion Correction
- Select menu bar Fits to load EFOSC*.fits images.
- If an Image cuts adjustment is needed, under menu bar Tools use either Cursor Cut or Cut. For numerical cut, adjust low cut and high cut fields on the xm gui, and then click Update Midas followed by Cut.
- Use menu bar Slits to select slits either on Cursor or Object or to delete some of them
- You may request slits longer than the minimum by modifying the Min slit length field.
- You may request variable length slits through the slit length option (Each slit will be defined by three cursor positions)
- Move cursor on the midas image display to define slits position with mouse button1(left)
- To finish slits position definition press mouse button2 then button3
- Select menu bar Masks and select option Show All and if everything is Ok use option SAVE MASK
- Then Send SAVED mask will send punch coordinate masks into wefosc:~/mos/MOS/ and pixel coordinates to ~/mos/MOS/PIXMASK/ from where the OB will read it (OB parameter INS.MASK.NAME specifies the name of the pixel coordinate file).
- You may also select menu bar Fits and use option Send Mask Files to mos@wefosc to select a chosen mask.
*.mask files will be copied under directory /home/mos/MOS/ while *.msk files will go to /home/mos/MOS/PIXMSK.
- The *.msk file name shall have to be writen into INS.MASK.NAME key word of all EFOS_spec_*MOS OBs before execution.
- Give to the day TIO:
- File name tables
- One hard copy of each mask
- The working directory defined by the user on mosntt@wlsmosd to re-download tables in case of problems