WFI Grism Mounting Procedure
For this delicate operation you need an experienced TIO
(1) Call the mechanics, they will dismount the WFI with tools stored in the fiber room(Integration Room).
- Put Amplifiers and the Hydraulic pumps ON.
- Reboot the TCS VME.
- Start Up the TCS.
- Put the telescope in the Zenith position. Use the TCS GUI.
(2) In the Dome:
- Follow up the Safety instruction for working the Dome Area. Don't forget your Helmet and your safety shoes.
- Put the telescope lock pins IN
- Let the mechanic team remove all the screws from WFI chassis.
- Remove the nitrogen gas hose. No others cables or hoses must be disconnected.
- The WFI must be mount over the carriage and attach to it (take care with cables and fibers).
- Take out the Grism Unit from the storage room, call for help it is necessary.
- Be sure that the protective shutter is close.
- Take care with your fingers, don't talk or smoke over the Grism surface.
- Put the Grism Unit directly over the central axis of the instrument.
- Be sure that the aligment of the grism is Ok (see if the marks are colineal).
- Put all the Grism screws around the flange.
- Lift the instrument and reinstall the screws that connect the instrument to the telescope.
- Disconnect the carriage from the instrument.
- Now the Grism is installed in the instrument.
- No telescope balance or other adjustment it is necessary.
- Put the telescope lock pins OUT
- Remove all the objects or carriages around the telescope.
- Store the special tools in the fiber room (Integration Room). (No other tools or spare are available)