Messenger Issue 143
The Messenger is a quarterly journal presenting ESO's activities to the public. The highlights of this edition published in March 2011 include:
- A report on the results of ALMA radiometer testing — checking the array’s ability to correct the effect of water vapour on millimetre wavelength detections.
- An outline of the possibilities and goals for the upcoming VLTI astrometry instrument GRAVITY.
- A discussion on how we can use the strong appearance of ozone in the visible spectrum to hunt for exoplanets with Earth-like atmospheres.
- An article looking at how the SINFONI Integral Field Spectroscopy Survey will help us to understand how galaxies form.
- The results of the ESO Hidden Treasures astrophotography competition.
This messenger is not available for sale.Credit: