Paranal Instrument Long Range Plans
The major long-term goal for the operational VLT(I) instruments is tomaintain/improve the performance and to stabilize theoffered configurations and modes.
This page provides links to the instrument long range plans for the operational VLT(I) instruments as defined by the instrument scientists in collaboration with the instrument operation teams (IOTs). The long range plans contain
- the current status of the instrument,
- identified areas of problems,
- identified areas for improvement,
- possible/proposed upgrades,
- modes/functions to be (re-)commissioned,
- the goals and objectives for the instrument
- for the next year,
- for the next 3 years.