Announcement of the 12FEB ESO-MIDAS Release
The official 12FEB release of ESO-MIDAS has been released on Feb. 6, 2012 and the latest patch 12FEBpl1.3 is available on the ESO ftp server since July 5, 2012. Below you find the following information concerning this release:
- What's new or upgraded in ESO-MIDAS 12FEB
- Platform availability
- Source distribution of ESO-MIDAS 12FEB
- Technical Support and Network Services
What's new or upgraded in MIDAS 12FEB?
Only code fixes and updates for help files have been incorporated into this Midas release. Here we list the more important ones:
context LONGFix problems with text buffers too small for sprintf.
READ/TABLECorrect the output when using a format file.
MAGNITUDE/...Correct parallel display with zoom window for magnitude commands.
CONVERT/TABLESetup correct default parameters.
Platform availabilityMIDAS 12FEB has been installed and verified on the following platforms:
- Intel/Linux OpenSUSE 12.1
- Intel/Linux OpenSUSE 11.4
- Intel/Linux Kubuntu 11.4
- Intel/Linux Ubuntu 11.10
- Intel/Linux Fedora 16
- Intel/Linux antiX M11
- Intel/Linux Mandriva 2010
- Intel/Linux Mageia 1
- Intel/Linux ScientificLinux 5.3
- Intel/Linux ScientificLinux 5.5
- Intel/Linux Sabayon 5.4
- Intel/Linux Salix 13 (Slackware)
- Intel/Linux Pardus Kurumsal 2
- Intel 64/Linux Ubuntu 12.04
- Intel 64/Linux Ultimate Edition 2.8
- Intel 64/Linux Fedora 14
- Intel 64/Linux OpenSUSE 12.1
- Intel 64/Linux OpenSUSE 11.4
- Intel 64/Linux Linux Mint 13
- Intel/Windows XP (via cygwin)
- AMD 64/CentOS 6.2
- AMD 64/Linux Toorox 01_2012 (Gentoo)
- AMD 64/Linux OpenSUSE 12.1
- AMD 64/Linux OpenSUSE 11.4
- AMD 64/Linux Linux Mint 12
- AMD 64/Linux Linux Mint 11
- AMD 64/Linux Kubuntu 11.10
- AMD 64/Linux Kubuntu 11.4
- AMD 64/Linux aptosid 2011-02
- AMD 64/Linux archbang
- AMD 64/Linux Fedora 13
- AMD 64/Linux Fuduntu 14.11 (Fedora)
- Intel/Mac OSX 10.7
- Intel 64/Mac OSX 10.7 Lion
- EeePC/Linux Mandriva 2008 Spring
12FEBpl1.3 is available only as source code.
For a proper installation of MIDAS sources follow the procedure of the installation document provided in PDF format ( installunix.pdf )
ESO-MIDAS is a copyright protected software product of ESO,
and provides general tools for image processing and data reduction.
ESO-MIDAS is available under the GNU General Public License.
This means that the ESO-MIDAS system is available free of charge and can be freely redistributed on certain conditions.
Technical SupportDirect technical support for ESO-MIDAS will cease middle of April 2012.
Instead, users who have problems or questions concerning ESO-MIDAS running on their systems should to use the moderated "midas-users" mailing list for obtaining feedback and solutions to their questions from other users.
To subscribe to (unsubscribe from) this mailing list, you may also send an
The subject and body of the message are ignored.