Santiago Research Groups
Astronomers, Fellows, Students and Visitors at ESO Chile are engaged in forefront astronomical research. Here you can learn more about some of the exciting science being done in Santiago.
Thematic Research groups
- Compact Binaries Group - Group Coordinator: Linda Schmidtobreick
- Extragalactic Astronomy Research Group - Group Coordinators: Dimitri Gadotti and Ruben Sanchez-Janssen
- Hot and Massive Stars Group - Group Coordinator: Thomas Rivinius
- Planetary Sciences Research Group - Group coordinator: Christophe Dumas
- Star Cluster Group - Group coordinators: Steffen Mieske
For more information about research activities in Garching please consult the Garching Research Projects pages.
A number of PhD Thesis Topics are offered by ESO Faculty Members.