In this page, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare your observations with AMBER. Please be sure to download that correspondingto the period in which the observations will take place. For documentation on the AMBER data reduction check out the Tools section.
Important: After the VLTI laboratory refurbishments in P95, AMBER will again be offered in P96.
All the informations about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics.
- Period 93, to be used for the P93 call for proposal, deadline October 1st, 2013.
- Period 94, to be used for the P94 call for proposal, deadline March 27th, 2014.
- Period 96, to be used for the P96 call for proposal, deadline March 26th, 2015.
The VLTI User Manual is to be used in addition to the AMBER manual for VLTI aspects and limits common to all instruments:
AMBER Template User Manual
Detailed information on the acquisition and observationtemplates.
- Period 92, to be used for the P92 P2PP stage.
- Period 93, to be used for the P93 P2PP stage.
- Period 94, to be used for the P94 P2PP stage.
AMBER P2PP Tutorial
A detailed tutorial on the AMBER specifics for P2PP P80 can be found at: