The page contains links to documents that are needed to prepare your observations with VLTI/AMBER. For documentation on AMBER data reduction, please inspect the Tools section.
AMBER user manual
The user manual contains instrument specific information. Since P98, no major instrumental or operational changes are foreseen for AMBER.
- Period 97, to be used for the P97 call for proposal, deadline October 1st, 2015
- No changes to the user manual for P98
- No changes to the user manual for P99
VLTI user manual
The VLTI user manual contains VLTI specific information (e.g. related to STRAP, MACAO, IRIS, FINITO):
- VLTI user manual for Period 98
- VLTI user manual for Period 99 (changes for AT baseline, only for GRAVITY)
AMBER template manual
The template manual contains detailed information on the acquisition and observation templates to be consulted during phase 2 (OB preparation stage).
- Period 97 to be consulted for the P97 phase 2
- No changes to the template manual for P98
AMBER P2PP tutorial
A detailed tutorial on the AMBER specifics for P2PP can be found at: