In this page, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare your observations with AMBER. Please be sure to download that correspondingto the period in which the observations will take place. For documentation on the AMBER data reduction check out the Tools section.
All the informations about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics.
- Period 96, to be used for the P96 call for proposal, deadline March 26th, 2015.
- Period 97, to be used for the P97 call for proposal, deadline October 1st, 2015
- No changes to the user manual for P98.
The VLTI User Manual is to be used in addition to the AMBER manual for VLTI aspects and limits common to all instruments:
AMBER Template User Manual
Detailed information on the acquisition and observationtemplates.
- Period 96, to be used for the P96 P2PP stage.
- Period 97, to be used for the P97 P2PP stage.
- No changes to the template manual for P98
AMBER P2PP Tutorial
A detailed tutorial on the AMBER specifics for P2PP can be found at: