XSHOOTER is the first of the second generation instruments at VLT. It it has been built by a Consortium of Institutes in Denmark, France, Italy and The Netherlands together with ESO.
Everything that is necessary to know about XSHOOTER toprepare a successful observing run will be posted in these pages.
XSHOOTER web-pages will be continuously updated.
Publications based on data obtained with XSHOOTER should quote the following reference paper: Vernet et al. 2011, A&A, 536A, 105.
- Questions related to service mode observations and proposal preparation should be addressed to the User Support Department.
- Questions related to visitor mode observations should be addressed to Paranal Science Operations
- Please send us your comments, suggestions and report errors and inaccurate statements in the web pages and manuals.
Content of these pages
The following items are available on all the XSHOOTER pages, using the bar on the left.
- Overview: a short description of the instrument (Overview: XSHOOTER in a nutshell).
- News: list of changes affecting the instrument and/or its pages (XSHOOTER News).
- Instrument Description: all the important parameters of the instrument (XSHOOTER numbers and facts).
- Known Problems, (see here).
- Manuals: links to all the documents related to XSHOOTER (XSHOOTER User Manuals).
- Tools: a collection of useful tools and informations for preparing and analyzing the XSHOOTER observations, about the spectrophotometric standard stars and telluric standard stars observations, etc (XSHOOTER tools and tips).
- Instrument Operations Team (who is working behind ...).
- Visitor Instructions: Instrument specific instructions for Visiting Astronomers (what to be aware of before flying to Paranal).
- XSHOOTER internal pages XSH PSO