In this page, you will find the links to the manuals needed to prepare and analyse UVES observations. Please make sure to download the manuals corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place.
All the manuals are in Adobe's Acrobat format.
- UVES User Manual
All the information about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics.
- UVES Templates Reference Guide
Detailed information on the acquisition, observation and calibration templates.
- UVES Calibration Plan
Detailed information on the calibration plan of UVES observations.
- UVES Pipeline User Manual
Detailed information on how to reduce data obtained with UVES.
- Instructions to download and install the UVES CPL-based pipeline are available in the UVES section of the VLT Instrument Pipelines webpage.
- UVES Reflex tutorial
Detailed information on how to reduce data obtained with UVES using the Reflex workflow: UVES Reflex tutorial.
- Science Data Products Forum
A forum is available to exchange ideas, methods, software and data to assist with the production of science data products from ESO telescopes.
- Data Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
A list of Frequently Asked Questions on data reduction is also available.