OmegaCAM specific tools
OmegaCAM OBs are prepared with p2pp3 for surveys. Observers are encouraged to use the Survey Area Definition Tool SADT for optimizing the survey area coverage.
Some useful links regarding OmegaCAM properties (to be updated once commissioning concludes):
- Overhead estimates for OmegaCAM observations
- OmegaCAM Exposure Time Calculator (ETC)
- Efficiency curves of filters are available here.
- On-chip Image Quality distribution of OmegaCAM images from August-December 2011 in g,r,i. Median IQ is 0.8'' for r, and close to 1.0'' for g.
- The regularly observed photometric standard star fields are SA 92/95/98/101/104/107/110/113 and the Polar Monitoring Field, see also the User Manual.