Tools and Tips
- Flux catalog of 425 Mid-Infrared Standard Stars for VISIR imager filters based on Cohen et al. (ASCII, binary fitstable)
- Selected list of 81 Standard Stars from Cohen et al. (ASCII)
- Selected list of 12 Standard Stars from Cohen et al. (ASCII)
- Flux catalog of 44 A0 stars for VISIR imager filters (ASCII)
- List of (23 bright) MIR (TIMMI2) calibration standard stars
- On the selection of the short list of Standard star
- HITRAN atmospheric transmission profiles for Paranal (2500m, 1mm H2O). Files contain wavelength and transmission for zenith (0deg), 30deg and 60deg (by courtesy of B. Schulz)
- Guidecam: A tool to select a suitable guide star: have a look at the manual (PDF) and download the binary source.
Generic Tools and information
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Magnitude/Flux/Jansky simulator (NICMOS tool, very good!)
- Other ground-based Mid-Infrared Instruments and Projects
|Canari Cam||CanariCAM : Mid IR imager, spectroscopic, polarimetric, coronographic options at 10m GTC.|
|KECK-Observatory||LWS: Long wavelength spectrometer.
LWIRC: Long wavelength infrared camera.
|Subaru||COMICS: Cooled mid infrared camera and spectrograph.|
|GEMINI-North||Michelle: Mid IR echelle spectrograph and imager.|
|GEMINI-South:||OSCIR (mid IR imager/spectrometer, already in use at 4m CTIO telescope)
T-RECS (Mid IR Imager/Spectrometer for Gemini South)
|TIMMI2||TIMMI2 : Mid IR imager with spectroscopic and polarimetric options at the ESO 3.6m.|