News about Science Data Product Forum
We would like to draw your attention about the existence of the Science Data Products internet forum which can be found at: http://www.eso.org/sci/data-processing/forum.html
- IMPORTANT. February 20, 2013: Due to problems with the new Raytheon detectors, VISIR will not be available for regular observations during P91 & P92.
- October 25, 2012: Due to out-of-specifications properties of the new detectors, VISIR is not available for regular observations during P90. Most likely this will be the case for the entire period.
- September 4, 2012: The P90 User manual applies also for P91 phase-I preparation.
- August 17, 2012: An updated version of the P90 User Manual is available.
- August 17, 2012: Problems during the first re-commissioning run did not allow to meet the sensitivity expectations. A second re-commissioning is planned for the end of October 2012. Regular science operations with VISIR are expected to resume at the begining of November 2012.
- December 8, 2011: The VISIR upgrade is scheduled between May-September 2012. Thus, approved P89 programs will cluster either in the month of April or in the last 2 weeks of September 2012.
- September 1, 2011: Release of P89 User Manual with first information on the new AQUARIUS detector.
- September 1, 2011: VISIR upgrade is planned between January-March 2012.
- June 23, 2011: Relative transmission curves for B and J filters made available.
- March 28, 2011: Link to the forthcoming VISIR upgrade project
- February 22, 2011: IMPORTANT: Given the forthcoming VISIR detector upgrade, please note that VISIR P88 availability will be limited to the first part of the period. Further details will be provided as soon as possible.
- February 22, 2011: The J8.9 filter is confirmed to have a ghost, please avoid its use.
- November 24, 2010: release of VISIR operating manual.
- September 27, 2010: Emphasis (in the user manual) on the non availability of K-band science IMAGING.
- June 28, 2010: Table.7 in the user manual is updated (i.e. the first line refering to HR-mode).
- April 20, 2009: VISIR has been re-installed at the Cassegrain focus of UT3.
Image quality was verified and the instrument is fully operational
- January 31, 2006: first public release of the data reduction pipeline
- December 20, 2005: user manual updated for P77 phase 2
- December 20, 2005: guidecam tool a tool to select guide stars, adapted for VISIR
- December 20, 2005: Cohen 81 a list of 81 standard stars, selected from Cohen et al. (see user manual )
- December 20, 2005: Cohen 12 a list of 12 standard stars, selected from Cohen et al. (see user manual )
- September 4, 2005: user manual updated for Call for Proposals P77
- New low resolution, medium resolution and high-resolution, cross-dispersed modes released
- Acquisition for spectroscopy can be done with the imager detector
- Acquisition for imaging and spectroscopy can be done with a K-band filter