VISIR User Manual
The manual contains all information about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics as well as detailed information on the acquisition, observation, and calibration templates. The most recent version of the manual, valid for the period indicated and after, until superceded by a new version, are found at the top. Older versions of the manal are provided for rreference.
- Version 104.0, to be used for P104, phase 1.
- VISIR not offered in P103
- Version 102.1 to be used for P102, phase2.
- Version 102.0 to be used for P102, phase1.
- Version 101.0 to be used for P101, phase2. Sensitvities HR and HRX updated.
- Version 99.1, to be used for P100.
- Version 99.1, to be used for P99. Updated sensitivities and several minor changes.
- Version 98.1, to be used for P98. Updated sensitivities and added description of the newly offered modes.
- Version 97.2, to be used for P97 Phase 2. Sensitivities updated.
- Version 97.1, to be used for P97 Phase 1 preparation. Updated sensitivities and coronographic performances.
- Version 96.2, to be used for P96 Phase 2 preparation. The most important updates concern coronography, OB constraints (PWV, image quality, etc.) and the GuideCam tool.
- Version 96.1, to be used for P96 Phase 1 preparation. Additional information will be provided after March 15th when the ongoing commissioning run has been completed.
- Version 95.2, to be used for P95 Phase 2 preparation.
- Version 95.1, to be used for P95 Phase 1 preparation.
- Version 91, to be used for P91 Phase 1 preparation.
- Version 90, to be used for P90 Updated User Manual following the first commissioning run.
- Version 90, to be used for P90 Update on the VISIR upgrade schedule.
- Version 89, to be used for P89 Anticipating first changes due to the replacement of the old DRS detector with the new 1k × 1k AQUARIUS detector.
- Version 88, to be used for P88 (emphasis on the use of UCAC3 instead of USNO for the guide stars selection, and introducing an upper limit of 5 filters per service mode OB).
- Version 87, to be used for P87 (a modification of the HR allowed wavelengths [first line of Table.7] and emphasis on the non availability of K-band science imaging).
- Version 86, to be used for P86 (no changes with respect to previous periods).
- Version 85, to be used for P85 (no changes with respect to previous periods).
- Version 84, to be used for P84 (no changes with respect to P83 and P82).
- Version 83, to be used for P83 (no changes with respect to P82).
VISIR GuideCam Tool User Manual
- VISIR GuideCam Manual - A tool to select a suitable guide star.
VISIR Data reduction Cookbook
- VISIR Data Reduction Cookbook - A very preliminary draft version!