OmegaCAM at the VST
OmegaCAM is the wide-field imager for the Cassegrain focus of the VLT Survey Telescope (VST) on Paranal, a 2.6m modified Richie-Chretien alt-az telescope designed specifically for wide-field imaging. OmegaCAM @ VST starts regular service observations October 15, 2011.
NOTE: Most of the information presented in these pages is courtesy of the VST and OmegaCAM consortia, and is continously updated/completed as experience in regular operations is gathered.
Content of these pages
- Overview: Telescope, Instrument, Public Surveys
- News: list of changes affecting the instrument and/or its pages.
- Instrument Description: all the important parameters of the instrument.
- Manuals : links to all the documents related to OmegaCAM.
- Tools: a collection of useful tools and information for preparing and analyzing the OmegaCAM observations.
- Instrument Operations Team
- Visitor Instructions: Instrument specific instructions for Visiting Astronomers