Please be informed that ESO-Garching Operations will provide only minimal support during the upcoming holiday period, mostly limited to core operational tasks. Full support (user) services will resume on January 2, 2014.
The P2PP version 3 Tool - Documentation
What's new in P2PP 3.4.0: this new version has been released for the preparation of observing runs of period 93. The most notable changes are:
- P2PP now requires Java 1.7 to run — see more details on our download page.
- It is now possible to get a report listing all time intervals for a selected list of OBs.
- Conversely, it is also possible to import time intervals into a list of selected OBs.
- Under MacOS X, one can use the Cmd key (⌘) for selection of multiple non-consecutive OBs.
- Some ergonomy improvements in the README editor.
IMPORTANT: unfortunately the format of the internal data cache of this version is not compatible with previous releases of the tool. In case you want to transfer OBs of your local cache that you have previously prepared, you cannot simply copy the "cache" subdirectory to the new installation. To retrieve the OBs in P2PP 3.4.0 use the export/import commands.
P2PP version 3 User Manual
Current Version: Issue 7 (19 December 2013)
The P2PP version 3 User Manual is available for download (with figures; PDF file).
P2PP version 3 Tutorials
The following tutorials describe general overview of the P2PP version 3, how to prepare template scheduling container structures within P2PP3 (using as example VIRCAM, SINFONI, NACO, HAWK-I instruments), how to attach finding charts and README, and finally how to retrieve OBs and scheduling containers for modification.
- General overview of P2PP version 3
- How to prepare OBs and GROUP scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to prepare OBs and CONCATENATION scheduling containers: text version
- How to prepare OBs and TIME-LINK scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to prepare the README file: text version
- How to attach finding charts, submit README file, and submit final set of OBs and containers: video or text version
- How to retrieve OBs (check-out) from the Repository for revision: video or text version
This page is specific to VLT, VLTI, VST, and VISTA telescopes.