The P2PP version 3 Tool - Documentation
What's new in P2PP 3.4.1: this version can be used for the preparation of observing runs of periods 95 and onwards. This is mostly a bugfix release. You may continue using P2PP 3.4.0 in case you have it installed on your computer already.
Some notes about his version:
- As for the previous version P2PP requires Java 1.7 to run, but will also run with Java 1.8 — see more details on our download page.
- The start-up script has been re-written, please see our updated installation instructions to ensure proper start-up of the tool.
IMPORTANT: unfortunately the format of the internal data cache of this version is not compatible with previous releases of the tool. In case you want to transfer OBs of your local cache that you have previously prepared, you cannot simply copy the "cache" subdirectory to the new installation. To retrieve the OBs in P2PP 3.4.1 use the export/import commands.
P2PP version 3 User Manual
Current Version: Issue 7 (19 December 2013)
The P2PP version 3 User Manual is available for download (with figures; PDF file).
P2PP version 3 Tutorials
The following tutorials describe general overview of the P2PP version 3, how to prepare template scheduling container structures within P2PP3 (using as example VIRCAM, SINFONI, NACO, HAWK-I instruments), how to attach finding charts and README, and finally how to retrieve OBs and scheduling containers for modification.
- General overview of P2PP version 3
- How to prepare OBs and GROUP scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to prepare OBs and CONCATENATION scheduling containers: text version
- How to prepare OBs and TIME-LINK scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to prepare the README file: text version
- How to attach finding charts, submit README file, and submit final set of OBs and containers: video or text version
- How to retrieve OBs (check-out) from the Repository for revision: video or text version
This page is specific to VLT, VLTI, VST, and VISTA telescopes.