In this page, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare and analyze your observations with VIMOS.
Please be sure to download the version corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place.
All the manuals are in Adobe's Acrobat format.
VIMOS User's Manual
All the informations about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics as well as the informations on the acquisition, observation and nighttime calibrations templates.
- Period 94, for P94 phase 2. Note one change relevant for Phase 2: users are requested to specify standard star requirements for pre-imaging.
- Period 94, for P94 phase 1 (no change since P92)
- Period 93, for P93 phase 1 and 2 (no change since P92)
- Period 92, for P92 phase 1 and 2
- Period 91, for P91 phase 1 and 2
- Period 90, for P90 phase 1 and 2
- Period 89, for P89 phase 1 and 2
- Older Manuals
The Phase 2 Proposal Preparation Tool - P2PP3
Starting in P90 the preparation of OBs for VIMOS requires P2PP3. New concepts of scheduling containers such as time links and concatenations have been included in P2PP version 3 tool.
Video tutorials and practical examples how to prepare survey OBs can be found on the following page:
VIMOS Pipeline User Manual
The VIMOS pipelines, manuals, and static calibration database can be found here.
Science Data Product Forum
We would like to draw your attention about the existence of the Science Data Products internet forum which can be found at: http://www.eso.org/sci/data-processing/forum.html
Data reduction frequently asked questions
A list of Frequently Asked Questions on data reduction can be found at: http://www.eso.org/sci/data-processing/faq.html