In this page, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare and analyze your observations with VIMOS.
Please be sure to download the version corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place.
All the manuals are in Adobe's Acrobat format.
VIMOS User's Manual
All the informations about the instrument itself, its modes and their characteristics
as well as the informations on the acquisition, observation and nighttime calibrations templates.
- Period 93, for P93 phase I (no change since P92)
- Period 92, for P92 phase I and II
- Period 91, for P91 phase I and II
- Period 90, for P90 phase I and II
- Period 89, for P89 phase I and II
For older manuals go to
The Phase 2 Proposal Preparation Tool - P2PP3
Starting in P90 the preparation of OBs for VIMOS requires P2PP3. New concepts
of scheduling containers such as time links and concatenations have been included
in P2PP version 3 tool.
Video tutorials and practical examples how to prepare survey OBs can be found on the following page:
VIMOS Pipeline User Manual
The VIMOS pipelines, manuals, and static calibration database can be found here.
- The (quite outdated) data reduction cookbook (VLT-MAN-ESO-14600-4033) is available here.