IVOA Interoperability Meeting November 2009
ESO Garching, November 9-12, 2009
The International Virtual Observatory Alliance (IVOA) organises two Interoperability meeting per year. The second meeting of 2009 is being hosted by the European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO), and will be held in the main building of the the ESO Headquarters, on November 9-12 in Garching bei München, Germany.
The IVOA Interoperability meetings focus on the development of Virtual Observatory standards to facilitate access to, and maximize the scientific exploitation of, the worldwide collection of astronomical information.
The focus of this meeting is no different than usual, in that the IVOA Working Group Chairs will organise presentations and discussions of the regarding the various standards under development. At least 50 percent of the session should be dedicated to vivid discussions to hash out the techical details.
- The meeting will officially end one day earlier than anticipated, that is, on Thursday 12-Nov-2009.
- The HOTEL MERCURE SCHWABING has prolonged the reservation deadline and has dropped prices.
- Hotel RegistrationThe hotel registration deadline is (indicatively) September 26, 2009. Refer to the accommodation page to see the different deadlines, prices, etc. for the various hotels.
- Meeting Registration will be possible starting the 15th of July.The conference registration deadline is October 15, 2009.
- An outline of the meeting will be available on the IVOA Twiki.