The P2PP version 3 Tool - Documentation
P2PP 3.3.3: released for the preparation of observing runs of period 92, this new version improves the stability of the software and brings a few new features such as the ability of sorting and filtering observing runs in the main window. For compatibility reasons with the OB validation scripts this version must imperatively be used for all runs of period 92 that deal with Paranal instruments.
IMPORTANT: unfortunately the format of the internal data cache of this version is not compatible with previous releases of the tool. In case you want to transfer OBs of your local cache that you have previously prepared, you cannot simply copy the "cache" subdirectory to the new installation. To retrieve the OBs in P2PP 3.3.3 use the export/import commands.
P2PP version 3 User Manual
Current Version: Issue 6 (08 July 2013)
The P2PP version 3 User Manual is available for download (with figures; PDF file).
P2PP version 3 Tutorials
The following tutorials describe general overview of the P2PP version 3, how to prepare template scheduling container structures within P2PP3 (using as example VIRCAM, SINFONI, NACO, HAWK-I instruments), how to attach finding charts and README, and finally how to retrieve OBs and scheduling containers for modification.
- General overview of P2PP version 3
- How to prepare OBs and GROUP scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to prepare OBs and CONCATENATION scheduling containers: text version
- How to prepare OBs and TIME-LINK scheduling containers: video or text version
- How to attach finding charts, edit and submit README file, and submit final set of OBs and containers: video or text version
- Detailed guidelines for the README file content: text tutorial
- How to retrieve OBs (check-out) from the Repository for revision: video or text version
This page is specific to VLT, VLTI, VST, and VISTA telescopes.