General Phase 2 Documentation
For a successful service mode run it is absolutely essential that all users read the following documentation.
P2PP version 3 User Manual (v5, 30 July 2012)
For P2PP v3.3.0 and v3.3.1: valid for VISTA, VST, VLT and VLTI instruments in Period 90.
The P2PP version 3 User Manual is available for download (with figures; PDF file). It gives a general description of how to create Observation Blocks (OBs).
P2PP version 2 User Manual
For P2PP v2.13.1: valid for La Silla instruments in Period 90.
The P2PP User Manual is available for download (with figures; PDF file). It gives a general description of how to create Observation Blocks (OBs).
Reference Guide on the Import/Export procedure
P2PP tutorials (username: 52052, password: tutorial) are available for a number of instruments. Please select an instrument from the instrument drop-down menu on the right.
Also available are:
- a P2PP version 3 tutorial on the finding charts attachment and README file preparation.
- a P2PP version 2.13.1 tutorial on the attachment of finding charts and ephemeris files to OBs.
- a P2PP version 2.13.1 tutorial on filling out the README file with P2PP.
Additional documentation for VIRCAM
The observation blocks for VIRCAM have to be created with the new P2PP version 3 (P2PP3) tool and the supporting Survey Area Definition Tool (SADT). The documentation on VIRCAM and those tools can be found here:
- VISTA/VIRCAM User's Manual (including the template description)
- P2PP3 User Manual
- SADT Cookbook: ESO manual for SADT
In addition to manuals, there are video tutorials which show examples how to prepare VIRCAM OBs: