ann1034 — Announcement
ESO releases The Messenger No. 140
30 June 2010
- A roundup of proposed instruments for the planned E-ELT;
- An in-depth look at the FORS instruments on the VLT on the occasion of their double 10th anniversary;
- Updates on new advances in adaptive optics;
- How astronomers are using the CRIRES spectrograph on the VLT to search for exoplanets orbiting very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs; and
- Wolf-Rayet stars and the search for the origins of gamma ray bursts.
The issue also details how ESO staff in Chile helped with humanitarian aid in the aftermath of February’s earthquake.
- The Messenger No. 140 (June 2010)
- The Messenger webpage at ESO
- View the Messenger No. 140 on Scribd
- View the Messenger No. 140 on ISSU
Interactive view: click on the arrows to flip the pages, or on the cover image to view it in fullscreen size
About the Announcement